Gluten-free & sugar-free vegan pancakes to start your day like a wonderwoman
Behold: the perfect vegan pancake recipe is here - and it is as mouth-watering as it is healthy!
Did you know that with vegan recipes, you can use banana in place of eggs? Try using a yellow banana – it’s important to use a ripe banana to add sweetness, but if it is too ripe (i.e. covered in brown spots) then know that the pancakes will have a strong banana taste.
- ½ cup oats (gluten-free optional)
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 small yellow banana (100g)
- ½ – ¾ cup plant-based milk
- ¼ tsp baking powder (gluten-free optional)
- Coconut oil – for cooking
- Serve with fresh fruit, desiccated coconut or organic maple syrup
- Blend the oats into a flour-like texture using a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them well.
- Leave the pancake batter to rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat. If you don’t have a non-stick pan then add 1-2 sprays of coconut oil to your pan.
- Add 2 tbsp of pancake batter into the pan and shape it into a circle. Leave to cook for 1 minute until small bubble appear. Turn over the pancake and cook for 1 minute.
- Place the pancake on a plate and repeat step 5 until all of the batter has been used up.
- Add your toppings and enjoy.